Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Royally Appointed Retreats

With less than 48 hours until the Royal Wedding, I thought I would join the masses today and turn my attention to all things Brit. As the speculations and predictions continue on what the lovely Kate will wear on Friday, I thought I'd highlight a few of my favorite English designers...at home.

Stella's Secret Garden
Stella McCartney opened her house and gardens to Vogue's Hamish Bowles and the images by renowned photographer Bruce Weber are enchanting. While I don't think Kate will be wearing Stella for the wedding, she could consider the designer for her unmentionables beneath the gown, like I did. (My sister gave me my "something blue" from the lingerie collection at McCartney's London boutique.)





Alice Temperly's English Enclave
Alice Temperly's whimsical Notting Hill flat of rustic wood, dainty lace and brilliant mosaics is true inspiration. Rumors have Alice in the running as the designer for Kate's wedding dress. I'm not putting any bets on Temperly for the ceremony dress, but I would love to see the new princess change into one of the designer's mod-style shorter cocktail dresses for dancing.

Domino Magazine

Domino Magazine

Domino Magazine


Elle Decor

Elle Decor
Philip Treacy's Posh Pink
While the celebrated  milliner is toted as one of England's own, he was born and raised in Ireland. Since Philip Treacy enrolled in fashion design school at the Royal College of Art in London in 1988, his creative genius has been alive in London as displayed on the heads of the world's elite. You can be sure Treacy's hats will be on display at Westminster this Friday. (These photos are from the Vancouver Sun and the photographer is Lewis Patrick.)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...