Monday, April 25, 2011

Tuft Love


tufted headboard via Katy Elliott

While we have a dark wooden sleigh bed at the moment, once we upgrade to a king-sized bed in our new house, I'd like an alpholstered headboard.  It's exactly what a couple with a nightly ritual of reading in bed needs.  The headboard styles I am drawn to are arched and tufted in a crisp cotton twill or in a luxurious shantung silk.  While there are ceratinly ways to DIY-it (you have to check out the website Centsational Girl, and especially her post on a tufted headboard project), I don't know if I'll ever be handy with a table saw and staple gun.  I am, however, very much at ease selecting a fabric and having a custom headboard made for me.  While there are some patterns I really like (see below), I will most likely source a solid, soothing color in a brushed silk with wider tufting with a romantic frame.  This first one below is my favorite; I can't seem to stray much from my vintage French sensibilties for this anchor bedroom piece.

(shabbyfrufu)

via Get Togetha Blog
by Swedish designer Petra Bindel

paisley pattern in a unique shape via Decor Pad
I love the chaise in the same fabric as the headboard,
(sans snoby dog)
via My Home Ideas
I'm a big fan of chocolate brown (via Decor Pad)
frame a white bed with a bold color,
headboard at the top and comfy seating at the foot
(via Elle Decor)

love crip white contrasted with steel grey walls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...